- Hamstring Tear
- Knee Ligament/Meniscus Injury
- Ankle Ligament Injury
- Groin Strain/Pain
To address the strength and control deficits that can increase the risk of these injuries, the following exercises should be completed at least twice a weak, at the END of a training session OR by themselves in a separate session.
- Nordic Hamstring Curl. Perform as slowly as possible. Do 3 sets of 8 reps.
- Copenhagen Adductor Exercise. Do 3 sets of 12 each leg.
- Lateral ankle/knee stability jumps. Do 3 sets of 8.
- Single leg Agility jumps over line. Do 3 sets of 20 each leg.
If you are interested in other, more in-depth information on injury prevention, then head over to our article from last year on the topic https://www.clinicalphysio.com.au/single-post/2018/04/14/Top-3-injury-prevention-strategies-Lessons-from-Leicester-City